Experience True North, New England’s Premier Yoga/Wellness/Adventure
Nestled into a breathtaking landscape of Vermont’s Green Mountains, TRUE NORTH @ The Summit Lodge has, everything you need to relax, renew and rediscover wellness, peace of mind & your passion for adventure. Our beautifully designed rooms are carefully appointed, feature crisp white duvets, boast stunning vistas of Killington & the surrounding mountains.
Featuring the mouthwatering, plant based cuisine of nationally recognized chef Elizabeth Patnode, together with her team of healers, yoga & fitness instructors & staff, you will have at your fingertips the best vacation ever – the one you will come back to over an over. A daily timeline of things to do, and plenty of time to do nothing too, you will enjoy a connected community, educational seminars that range from nutrition to alternative healing, access to life changing massage & wellness treatments, fitness classes, outdoor adventures, & have the opportunity to simply soak the day away in one of our salt water pools ( hot tub, cold plunge,) or relax deck side of the main pool with a good book. The grounds offer a full spa, wet and dry sauna, outdoor bocce & tennis courts; enjoy a drink at Odwyers pub, a glass of Fit Vine wine, one of our evening bonfires or group activities during your stay – or perhaps slip into bed early during your stay and just take time for yourself to catch up!
Each day you are with us a variety of planned classes will be offered as well as access to our onsite concierge if you choose to adventure out on your own. Our ideal Central Vermont location allows convenient planning of a customized adventure in mountain biking, rock climbing, fly fishing and more so – your dream is our command – ask and we make it happen!
Elizabeth Patnode, & the TRUE NORTH’s dedicated staff, is here to encourage and support you. Please be as active or relaxed, social or private as you wish – be open to what your body needs once you reach us. We’re simply here to help you with that!
TRUE NORTH at The Summit Lodge Services and Amenities
In addition to everything you would expect from a world-class destination vacation, TRUE NORTH @ The Summit Lodge offers a unique diversity of health, fitness, nutrition, cooking, stress management, anti-aging, and wellness classes/programs designed for life-enhancing changes that last much longer than your stay.
Be as active or relaxed, social or private, as you wish – but know that we have a lot here for you to get into, and what we find is that most guests simply can not get enough!
On site/during your stay we offer:
- Stunning guest rooms with sweeping views of The Green Mountains
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms and throughout resort
- Three plant based, power packed, locally sourced meals daily
- An awesome variety fitness classes led by local experts (TRX, boot camp, mat pilates & more)
- Access to the most brilliant healers in New England ( Tarot, Reiki, Acupuncture, Sacred Geometry Acupunture, SRT, Sessions with our Medium, Meet with an herbalist, Massage therapies ( swedish, deep tissue, digestive, shiatsu, energy work, lymph drainage and more), sound therapy, Vedic astrology, and more.
- Guided hiking; The Long Trail, The Appalachian Trail, Killington Mountain
- A variety of yoga classes (Bikram (hot), restorative Hatha, Baptiste & flow)
- Mats, yoga towels, blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters provided when needed
- Healthy life classes & events
- Eat well, feel well demonstrations & interactive classes
- Guided morning meditation sessions
- Nutritional guidance
- Outdoor adventures
- Evening bonfires & programs
- 20 person salt water hot tub, cold plunge pool, full size outdoor pool
- Access to kids camps – yes bring em! We’ll keep them busy while you take care of yourself!!
- Tennis & boccee courts on site
- Easy access to Killington Mountain walking/hiking/mountain bike trails
- Partner discounts with the best local: golf courses, full service spas, kayak companies, paddle boarding experts, fly fishing professionals, babysitters & more fun activity companies outside of our already jam packed, good times, timeline
*Exact WEEKLY TIMELINE vary slightly based on the adventure and mold and shape to the weather.
Getting Here – is as stress-free as being here!
Direct flights are available from most major cities to Burlington VT International Airport (BTV) www.btv.aero OR Manchester NH Regional Airport www.flymanchester.com . From these major hubs, enjoy a scenic 1.5 – 2 hour drive or shuttle service ( www.grampshuttle.net) to us. A bit further ( 3 hour drive) great flights can be found from Boston Logan (BOS) as well as Montreal Canada (YUL). *Note all shuttle service must be coordinated in advance of arrival.
Connecting flight services to Rutland Regional VT Airport (RUT) bring you even closer to us – if you are flying into JFK (NY), Boston Logan ( Boston) or Westchester (NY), or Montreal Canada ( YUL). Rutland Regional Airport is a quick 40 minute drive or shuttle service ( www.grampshuttle.net) *Note all shuttle service must be coordinated in advance of arrival.
From NYC, train information can be found here: www.amtrack.com. BOOK your travel from NYC to Killington VT. The train station is in Rutland and Gramps Transportation will drive you up – fee already included in the ticket!
TRUE NORTH @ The Summit Lodge: Map quest us! 200 Summit Road, Killington, VT 05751
If you need transportation help while on vacation, to or from any of the airports / train stations, please plan both, all of your transfers in advance. Chris Thayer of Vermont Limo & Transportation and Marty Mylot ( Uber info below) are the best shuttle services in the area to book If you choose not to rent a car. They will take care of you until you get to us! Once you are with us on retreat, transportation will be taken care of to and from any activities off property.
Vermont Limo 802-855-3130
What to Pack
Make sure you have everything you need.
65° / 85°
42° / 50°
While it is always stunning in the Green Mountains we recommend its best to pack and dress in removable layers. This works best as mornings may be cool and warm quickly during a hike.
Warm during the day and then cool while we are hanging by the bonfire in the evenings.
Pack hiking boots, a good pair of running or athletic shoes that are lightweight an well vented with traction, a pair of sandals or something easy you may like while hanging out in the sun, fitness/yoga clothing, cozy wear – a hoodie or fleece, a swimsuit, day pack and water bottle.
A great pair of wool or synthetic hiking socks, is a great idea too!
75° / 55°
42° / 30°
In addition to what is listed above & below we recommend during the cooler seasons layering with a fleece jacket, non-cotton base hat and gloves.
Other Items To Consider
Aerobic shoes with non-marking soles
Workout & yoga apparel; personal meditation pillow
Swimsuit, swim goggles, pool shoes
Sunscreen and sun hat/visor
Light raincoat, cozy hoodie or puffy jacket – cozy clothes to hang out in!
A good book!
Hydration pack for hiking Golf clubs (rental is available at our local courses)
Tennis racquet Mountain road bike
Fly fishing gear
Pocket cash for anything fun you may find along the way!